We run a comprehensive, individualized detox program for groups and individuals. Some of the reasons we choose to detox our patients include: allergies, chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivity, heavy metal toxicity, auto-immune disease, pesticide exposure, high blood pressure, sluggish immune system, constipation, headaches, yeast infections, chronic conditions, and fatigue.
There are 5 parts to our program and 5 organs of elimination that we target.
- Diet– Hypoallergenic/Organic to look at food sensitivities and provide body with the highest quality nutrients. High fiber helps the colon move.
- Water– 1/3 of body weight in ounces plus 8 ounces for every hour of exercise to provide the biochemical pathways adequate fluids to do their job and to help the kidneys detox.
- Exercise– 1 hour daily to increase metabolism and to get sweaty.
- Physical Medicine– We have many different options to affect metabolism- to mobilize toxins and help get rid of them. This can focus on the skin, liver, colon, or immune system.
- Supplementation– Aimed primarily at the kidneys, liver and colon as these are some of the most important organs to support and keep moving during a detox experience. If heavy metals are an issue, based on testing, we would do additional supplementation for chelation.
We are happy to develop an individualized detox plan based on individual and medical goals. We are also happy to provide specific physical medicine modalities to individuals under the current care of a physician who is setting up a detox protocol. Close communication with the provider and a prescription with the appropriate ICD-9 codes would be required in this case.
The modalities we have to offer include an Infra-Red Sauna, Craniosacral Therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Steam Shower, Hydrotherapy (Hyperthermia, Peat Baths, Constitutional Hydrotherapy), Wet Sheet Wraps, and Exfoliating Scrubs.
Our Infra-red sauna is in a poplar frame, which minimizes off gassing and allows for deeper penetrating heat (1.5-3.5 inches). Patients sit in 100-140 degree heat for 20-60 minutes, which increases metabolic rate, stimulates the immune system and helps mobilize toxins for removal. It also allows for cardiovascular conditioning in patients that might not be physically able to exercise.
Craniosacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation techniques are ways for us to tune into the fascial layer of connective tissue and unwind or release areas that are restricted or stuck. Fascia is like a spider web wrapped around the entire body. If one area is stuck, it pulls on other areas causing pain and discomfort. So by releasing the stuck area, the web frees up and the tissue can flow smoothly and often reduces pain.
Hydrotherapy is the use of water in all forms (steam, liquid, and ice) has been used since Hippocrates time- it is great for detox, immune support, pain, and inflammation. Additives such as Peat are great for inflammatory processes and immune building. Constitutional Hydrotherapy utilized electrical stimulation with hot/cold towels for lymphatic movement and immune stimulation. Wet sheet wraps (cold sheet wrap after hyperthermic bath) is to promote sweating and toxic elimination through the skin. Exfoliating skin scrubs is another way to promote toxic elimination through the skin and leaves the body feeling smooth and clean.